Shorts on the Line is a summer sewalong all about... shorts!! Our fabulous guest bloggers will be posting their shorts inspiration, tutorials, and pattern reviews, while those sewing along at home will have a chance to win some great prizes, including fabric, patterns, and gift certificates! It is the perfect excuse to sew yourself, your kids, or maybe your whole family some shorts.
We have some amazing featured bloggers and sponsors for this year’s Shorts on the Line… details and prize lists coming soon!
You can find a recap of last year's sewalong here.
1. Sew (or knit/crochet) a pair of shorts. Adult and child sizes welcome. Anything that shorter than a pant (capris, clam diggers, bloomers, swim trunks) is considered fair game.
2. Shorts must have been completed in 2014 to be eligible for entry.
3. Upcycling and refashion are encouraged, but simply chopping off a pair of jeans won’t win you any fabulous prizes.
4. Enter to win by linking your project to the Shorts on the Line event on Kollabora. Share the story of your shorts… the more we know about what you did, the easier it will be for us to be impressed!
5. You may enter as many shorts as you can sew!
6. Featured bloggers are welcome to enter, but those items sewn for your featured post will not be considered for the prizes.
7. For consideration, projects must be added to the Shorts on the Line event on Kollabora by 9pm EST on Sunday, August 10.
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Craftsmanship: high quality construction, nice finishing
2. Creativity: design, fabric choice, unique style
3. Wearablity: functional, well-fitting
4. Presentation: nice photos, cute styling