I love spring and after a long wet winter it feels especially wonderful this year. With the sun finally shining through the windows I got a really good look at the fingerprints on the glass and realized it was time for some serious spring cleaning. This year I wanted to make sure those fingerprinting culprits helped get the house spick and span, so I created a game! I've partnered with Lemi Shine to bring you tips and a free printable for getting your house clean freak clean with help from the kids.
In order to have your kids help clean you need two things: a way to make it fun and safe, effective cleaning products. There are a few ways simple ways to make spring cleaning fun. One of them is upbeat music, the Troll soundtrack is a current favorite in my house. The next is breaking it up into manageable pieces, you can't expect a seven year old to spend their entire Saturday scrubbing baseboards and washing windows. And my new favorite tip: turn it into a game!
Free Printable Spring Cleaning Game
This simple and adaptable game really helps get the cleaning done in a flash, that's why I named it the Spring Cleaning Dash!
To play you'll need:
- Free Printable Spring Cleaning Dash
- Lemi Shine Cleaning Products
- Rags, scrubbers, broom, etc
- A fun prize
How to play:
- First print out the board game, if you have two children you can make it super competitive and have them play on the same board or keep it relaxed (my favorite option) and print one for each kid.
- Next you will find printable tasks for big kids and little kids with plenty of blank spaces for your own chore suggestions. These little pieces get cut out.
- To play the kids choose a task, either blindly or with intention, up to you. When the task they chose is completed they place it on the first square of the board.
- To win they either fill all the starred boxes or every box depending on how many tasks you'd like them to complete.
- At the end you've got a clean house and they've got a prize! (For us the prize was a well deserved scoop of ice cream.)
Spring cleaning is made much easier when you use the right products for the job. I really like Lemi Shine products because they are naturally derived, biodegradable, and designed to keep things clean. The Everyday and Glass + Surface sprays smell great and work wonderfully. And they have a whole line of products designed for deep cleaning. Spring is the prefect time to clean the washing machine, dishwasher, and disposal, and Lemi Shine has a product to tackle each one of those tasks with ease. From everyday dishes and spills, to cleaning the machines that help us clean, Lemi Shine has got you covered. Visit lemishine.com to learn more and print yourself a coupon.
I hope this fun little game helps you get your house nice and clean so that you can enjoy spring to the fullest. I know it seems easier to just clean the house yourself, especially when you have young kids, but I think it's worth the extra effort to get them to help. It may not be done as quickly or as perfectly as you could do it, but your kids will learn how much goes into keeping a home clean and you won't have to scrub the cabinets while mumbling about being the only one who notices the sticky mess on everything. Or maybe I'm the only one who tends to turn into a grumbling martyr when I take cleaning all on myself.
Spring cleaning: keep it fun and enlist help getting it done!
This post was sponsored by Lemi Shine, as always all words and images are my own. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that make this blog possible!