Looking for a last minute Easter basket stuffer? Me too! Honestly, I was looking for an excuse to do a little baby chick photo shoot; and so, inspired by these lacing cards, I made a version that screams spring.
Want to make your own? It's super simple; I've even created free printables (featuring two from our tiny flock, of course). Can you believe the fluffy cheeks on this one?
DIY Chick Lacing Cards
- Download Lacing Card Chick 1 and Download Lacing Card Chick 2
- Photo paper, card stock, or paper and thin cardboard (like a cereal box)
- Hole punch
- String (I used neon mason line)
- Print each chick on photo paper, card stock, or plain paper.
- If using plain paper (or for stronger cards), glue the printed sheet to a piece of cardboard and allow to dry before continuing.
- Cut out each chick, leaving about 1/4" of white space.
- Punch holes all around the edges, spacing them about 1/2" apart.
- Cut two lengths of string about 3' long. You can singe the ends to stop them from fraying. I wrapped a short length of tape around each end to make for easier threading.
- That's it! Gift, thread, enjoy!
Happy (Chick) Crafting!