Looking for a simple way to celebrate St. Patty's Day with little ones? (As in, other than adding food coloring to your beer.) How about a little nature hunt for clover? Followed by some simple crafting.
First, go out and find yourself a patch of clover. (We were lucky enough to have a big patch in the backyard; I knew there was a reason I was avoiding weeding!)
Lucky Crown of Clover Tutorial
- a few fist fulls of clover
- green construction paper
- Cut two 3" wide strips (along the long side) of a piece of green construction paper.
- Staple your two pieces together to make one long strip and fold it in half along the long side.
- Gather your clover into small bunches and clip or tear the stems to about 1 1/2" (so that they fit on one half of your strip). Tape the bundle down to the top half of your strip and repeat all the way across (leaving a little space at each end):
- Fold up the bottom half of the paper and staple it down.
- Wrap around your little one's head to check the size, remove and staple closed.
- Let your lucky little leprechaun frolic in his/her crown of clover!
Here's to a long and lucky spring!