It's that time of year, when the zucchini grows faster than I can pick it. In case you're in a similar pinch, I thought I'd do a little round up of zucchini recipes. A few of my own, a few I've tried and loved. And a few on my list to try in the very near future.
1. Zucchini Bread is a family favorite. Moist, full of fiber, and heady with cinnamon and brown sugar. You really can't go wrong. It is an especially great way to use one of those sneaky giant squash that manage to evade harvest until they have reached monumental proportions.
2. Baby Zucchini make the perfect pizza topping.
3. And babies love zucchini too, especially when sauteed with fresh spinach in a little olive oil. Got a toddler? Consider adding an egg or two to the pan.
6. And these simple yet rich zucchini ricotta fritters make a great meatless main.
8. Nothing is simpler than grilled zucchini. Brushed with olive oil and generously seasoned, topped with fresh herbs or pesto, it is my go-to summer side.
11. And casa imagine gnats offered me a recipe for Sweet Potato Zucchini Pancakes that sounds delicious: Combine shredded sweet potato, zucchini, onion and cheese, bind with egg, season with curry powder, and fry.
Do you have squash growing out of your ears? What is your favorite way to prepare zucchini?