I am so happy with how these came out. I used the basic pocket pants (2T) from Growing Up Sew Liberated as a base, but I did quite a bit of fiddling. With Dana's flat front pant tutorial as my guide, I changed the slope of the crotch a bit (made it more gentle), heightened the rise in the back an inch, and made the front a little more narrow (so that I could put elastic in the back only). Oh, and I made the pockets straight instead of curved, and shortened the length. The houndstooth is from fabric.com and the neon is weird utility fabric from Joann. I couldn't resist another embroidered detail, this time a lightning bolt.
I might have to start working on another pair. KCWC success! Just the boost I needed to keep going through the weekend.
Here's to happy kids in mama-made duds!
In other news ...
I was nominated by lovely Rachael of imagine gnats in the 2012 Handmade Olympics over at the rikrak studio. Our DIY Play Kitchen was picked by Judge Gabrielle of Design Mom, click here to see all the cool things people have made and cast your vote!