I've been dreaming of a crayon version of the No-Sew Colored Pencil Roll since I made it. But this time, I knew I wanted to add paper. The perfect little wrap to tuck in your purse and have on hand at a restaurant, or any other place a little one is expected to sit fairly still. And so, the No-Sew Crayon Wrap was born. Easily crafted, no sewing machine required. This version requires even less materials and time. What more could one want? ... A free one, perhaps? Two lucky readers have the chance to win a No-Sew Crayon Wrap, see the end of this post for details!
10" x 6 1/2" piece of wool or wool blend felt
about 30" of ribbon
about 6 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" paper
disappearing fabric marker or tailor's chalk
self healing mat (optional but helpful)
* Optional Step 1: Thicken your felt: Wash it in hot water, and put it in the dryer until almost dry, iron.
2. Cut your felt into a rectangle 6.5" x 10"
3. With the pattern as your guide, use a ruler to mark all of the dashes in disappearing ink.
4. Using an exacto knife, cut along the dashes to create slits where the crayons and paper will slide through.
5. To make the paper pack, simply cut the sheets in half length wise, fold, and staple a few times along the fold.
6. Thread the ribbon through the ribbon holes.
7. Tuck the crayons into their slots.
8. Slip the last few pages of your paper pack through the large slot.
9. Tie up and Enjoy!!!!
Giveaway now closed.
Giveaway: I'm offering to send two readers, anywhere in the world, their very own No-Sew Crayon Wrap. Here's how to enter: (If you haven't already) First, Subscribe in a reader, Follow on Pinterest, and/or Like on Facebook. Then, leave a comment (make sure to enter your email so I can reach you). The winners will be drawn at random Monday, February 27, 2012 at 8 pm PST.