This season is (and should be) a prime time to add to your little one's toy collection. I did a lot of research (and some trial and error...too bad there's no such thing as a toy library) to find great, affordable toys for Jude. So I thought it might be helpful to share some of his favorites from age one to (almost) two. I should mention that as a big fan of Simplicity Parenting and the owner of a tiny home, these are the toys that have earned valuable shelf space because they have kept my little one happy and stimulated (without batteries) through a whole year of development. Furthermore, we got most of these things at our local toy store, the amazon links are here for convenience.
Looking for recommendations for 2-3 year olds? Click here.
1. This instrument set has offered countless hours of musical entertainment.
2. These nesting blocks are so versatile. They can be stacked, nested, lined up by type of animal/color, turned on their sides to create little homes...and they are made of wood so they are nice and sturdy.
3. All kids love balls. The Gertie balls are cool because they are soft, making them easier to catch and less likely to break something when played in the house.
4. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have survived without a swing .
5. This is the best bath toy ever.
Of course this isn't an exhaustive list (as evident from the first picture). Other favorite toys include: anything with wheels, animals (hard plastic and stuffed), art supplies, and books. And then there's the non-toy favorites, but that's a whole different list; plus, no one wants to wrap a laundry basket. If you have a little one to shop for, I hope this list helps.
Here's to lit up faces at the sight of a new toy. Happy Gift Giving!